Friday, June 24, 2011

2 Week Stats

Weight: 8 lbs, 29%ile
Height 21.3 in., 73%ile
Head Circ.: 14in., 21%ile

River continues to sleep through the night, waking once on occasion to eat. (I still don't know how we've gotten so lucky...) We've also noticed longer wake periods, usually in the evening right before bed (which I'm sure have something to do with how well he sleeps at night).
He calms instantly to my voice, and he loves it when Maggie and I sing to him.
He's already been on his first trip as well. Last weekend we travelled to Coeur d' Alene for Sagey's first birthday. River did great! And we survived travels with a one week old and an almost three year old. We somehow didn't get any pictures, sorry!

Zac also had to return to work on the Wednesday following River's birth, which meant "Mommy Bootcamp" for me---a newborn and an almost three year old all on my own, all day. I have to admit that it hasn't been as completely insane as I assumed. We've even managed to get out of the house a bit. We certainly have some crazy moments, but I'm cherishing every minute of my children's childhood, even the insanity!
Zac's working 12 hour or so days today and tomorrow, but thankfully my mother, grandmother and aunt will be making the trip from Boise to meet our little River Roo and to give big sister Magnolia lots of love.

River has occasionally shown some discomfort during feedings, or right after feedings, that looks a little too familiar. This hasn't been consistent, and I would say that over half the time he seems just fine. We've also noticed some very mucousy stools. I'm sure most parents don't inspect their child's stools every diaper change, but it's something I did constantly with Maggie, and apparently I just grew accustomed to it. You don't have to inspect too much to notice all the mucus that's filling River's diapers. I had Dr. Shearer run a test for blood in his stool today and it came back fine. She agreed though, mucous usually indicates an intolerance, and with a sister having MSPI it's even more likely. At this time I'm watching his responses to feedings, and cutting back on my dairy.
I'm staying positive, which is easy considering his affect is so positive---Maggie's wasn't.
He's eating great as indicated by his weight gain as well. He's already over birth weight!
I'll keep everyone posted.
Here's some pictures I took today of my adorable two week old...
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed Melissa. You are doing a great job as a new second time Mom.

    Johnny thinks River looks like Zac's Dad. Who do you guys think he looks like?I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the time he looks a lot like Maggie to me. He also looks a lot like Zac's newborn photos. We've been told by others he looks like Allen too!

    ReplyDelete