I better share what he's doing at 4 months old!
Vocal!
Loves to watch his sister, and laugh at her!
Anything soft that can be saturated with saliva is a favorite toy right now!
Reaching for items on his tummy, then pulling them to his mouth!
So interested in his world!
River is all about exploring things with his hands and mouth. His favorite items are cloth---cloth books, his play silks, fabric rattles, his doudou (passed down from Sage), etc. It always seems like such a fast transition from the baby who is content just to look around at his world, and the baby that has to be engaged in his world.
River ADORES his sister. As I assumed, she is the absolute best at illiciting beautiful belly laughs.
River gets extra vocal around family mealtimes to get our attention. He wants to be right at the table with us. Zac and I take turns holding him, and we have begun letting him hold and explore a spoon during our family meals. As of now my plan will be to introduce a whole grain cereal between 5 and 6 months, when he lets me know that he's ready.
River continues to sleep like a champ at night. He is still in our bed (I have no plan to move him out as of yet). River is ready for bed by 7:30pm, which is also Maggie's bedtime. With both of them needing to get ready and to bed at the same time, that hour before can be a bit insane. Zac and I are enjoying that time when both the children are asleep though, even if it means we are just doing work, household chores or school work in peace, together.
River isn't a consistent napper during the day, more a "cat-napper." With us taking Maggie to and from preschool, trips to the library, Co-op Kids, etc. I can't imagine our days are going to allow for much solid napping at home, apparently this is just how it goes for #2. He seems to do just fine with it though.
Breastfeeding is going really well. We seem to have a great rhythm for it, and he's transitioned to longer times at the breast, giving me a little more time in between. He's also been flexible with where I breastfeed this week, where as the week before he seemed to only settle down and nurse well when I was lying down (this is not always easy).
River and I took a trip to Boise last week for the Idaho CEC conference and to visit family. River got to meet Auntie Hailey (finally!).
River getting a quick snack somewhere between McCall and Boise. I believe we stopped about 5 times each way to change a diaper, breastfeed, or simply calm down! He's not a fan of the carseat, or driving long distances in one!
In addition to all our "baby stops" we also got stuck in road construction 3 times!!!! Here is my little sidekick happy as a clam (because he's out of the damn carseat) as he lays next to me in the passenger seat as we sit in road construction.
Well, that's about all for 4 months! Stay tuned for 5 months!
Happy 4 Month Birthday River Roo!
No comments:
Post a Comment