Saturday, November 26, 2011

Learning to Give

One lesson I assume I share with other parents is that I want my children to understand the importance of doing for others...generosity, kindness of heart. We've tried to emphasize with Maggie, and we will with River as well, that giving to others, helping others, and being thoughtful is an important trait in a human being. Especially during this holiday season that has a way of emphasizing "GET, GET, GET!"
We've already seen how much Maggie loves to give...have any of you received any pictures, drawings, or letters lately? It makes her so happy.
Sara and I decided that we would have Maggie and Sage work on some items for River, they both adore him, and love "helping" their new baby boy. He's gotten not only all their gender-neutral clothing, but all their hand-me-down toys as well, so we thought some new toys were in order.
Sara gathered all the materials for some wet felted balls and play silk dolls so the girls could experience some hands on creating for a good cause---seeing our little River Roo smile!

Sara, Brad and the girls spent one evening wet felting some balls (with bells!) for our little River Roo. We didn't get around to making the dolls yet, but plan to in the spring.




He sure is enjoying his new felted balls!
Thanks Big Sister Magnolia, and Cousin Sagey!


No comments:

Post a Comment