Yesterday was another beautiful day. We spent the entire morning out and about...story time, then over to the newly re-opened Bookpeople, which is awesome by the way, to the coop to dish up some delicious salads for lunch, then home for some serious outdoor play.
It's days like this that our move to Moscow, the life we live here, makes perfect sense. Zac and I were discussing "things" the other day and with so much seeming so chaotic we have to step back often and think, Did we make the right choice moving here??
We considered our life before, which was great, but with the addition of our little Roo, things would have needed to change quite a bit. A family of three has a much different rhythm then a family of four.
So we will keep heading to our local library each Thursday morning to watch Betsy's engaging and entertaining story times and to check out our always large pile of books, we will keep slipping into our local retailers downtown when we need something, because there is no doubt that the culture of this community is to support our local businesses.
We will walk or bike almost everywhere we go, because we can.
We will play outside in the sunshine, snow, and rain.
River will continue to eat that fantastic dirt, as Mommy continues to re-direct him!
It's also quite enjoyable watching River navigate his outdoor world with his current motor skills , even if it's just a backyard!
I had to get the book pictured below as soon as I heard about it. I've been reading Amanda Soule's blog ever since Maggie was born. She has a beautiful perspective on simplicity of life and family. It has always made sense to our family to celebrate seasonally, and this book offers some new and exciting ways to do so.
Although I've never been a purist when it comes to anything, because I've never fit an exact mold, nor has my family, I'm learning to love the eclectic ways in which we live and learn from day to day.
I'm learning too that there are many other families like ours, with similar days, celebrations and even children.
Check out the blog of one of my very favorite "crunchy mama friends" HERE!
AND...
River napped for 3 1/2 hours yesterday! With the air purifier right next to his bed, in his dark room with heavy blankets piled on top of him after a day spent outdoors again.
He was so refreshed, and I'll admit, so were we. Maggie needed some one on one with Mommy, then Daddy when I left for class, so badly.
We are always finding our own rhythm.
No comments:
Post a Comment