Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mommy Reality Check: Showering is a Perk

Motherhood often does not allow for showering.

I'm completely giving myself away here...I always attempt to look showered every morning. I'm fairly certain I complain about this to Zac on at least a daily basis. WHY do I not even get time to take a nice shower? Well, really it's because River always ends up in our bed, which means when I wake up, he wakes up, and visa-versa. Zac's usually up getting work done or heading to work, but occasionally I can stall him for five minutes to get a shower in. Zac suggested I put both Maggie and River in the bathroom, let her entertain her brother, and I get showered each morning. I tried it, and well, lets just say that River's new favorite activity is playing boo by pulling the shower curtain back while mommy's in the shower, and Magnolia really likes to wash stuff with a soaking wet wash cloth. Me trying to wash myself, keep River from ripping down the shower curtain, and climb in the shower with me, and remind Magnolia to PLEASE wring out her wash cloth, about sums up that showering experience...I felt a bit defeated.

Today River napped early for his morning nap, the kitchen was clean, and Maggie was playing independently. It dawned on me that I could actually take a shower, maybe even a 20 minute shower. I might even be able to shave my legs!!!!

Oh, and I did. And, it, was, glorious. Sort of like a spa day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. This is so my life. I have found that while showering is a great experience to have by myself if I do it with the kids it actually buys me more time to just sit by myself for 5 or 10 minutes at night. Oh the trade offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jes...so true, so many trade offs.
    Hey! We'll be in Boise end of June. We must get together, and we should probably get a weekend on the calendar to meet up in McCall too!
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete