A Blue Toe
Magnolia enjoys having some color on her toes and frequently requests I paint them. This is something I rarely do for myself, but then again, I'm not as fancy as she is...
As I sat on the floor painting her toes, pink, of course, River kept climbing in my lap, lifting his little foot up to my hand. Without any words spoken we understood quite well that little Roo wanted a splash of toe color too.
We grabbed some blue polish, and I was able to paint just one blue toe on that busy little body. And well, we have a very happy little boy, pointing out his blue toe to everyone, even holding it up in the air for others to admire.
I will never get over his funny little ways...
Vrrrmmmm
How is it that boys are naturally drawn to vehicles? One of River's growing interests is pushing around his cars, trucks and planes, even making little engine noises. And speaking of noises....we have actually heard A LOT of word approximations (mostly vowel phonemes, but clearly understood!) His list includes:
Hello
Helmet
Thank You
Sissy
Dada
Mama
Nigh-Night
Ba-Bye
Sleep
River is continuing to go to sleep for his naps and at bedtime without a peep. He curls right up with his blanket, and his new favorite lovey, a piece of one of my bamboo t-shirts (it's very soft), which he rubs on his cheek as his eyes start to close. He continues to wake during the night though, and at that time, it's proven very, very difficult to get him back to sleep in his crib. It's become routine for us to just bring him back to our bed. We hate this and we love this equally...I'm finally starting to feel the effects of many, many months without a full night's sleep, but waking up to that sweet smiling face, looking down at me, signing "milk"...no matter what, it brings a smile to my face.
And Daddy too, can't help but gush, as his boy rolls over and plants big kisses on his face and snuggles in...
We are both so smitten.
Sage is really going to want you to paint her toes now; especially if BOTH of her cousins have painted toes.
ReplyDelete