River has quite distinctive sounds. He is almost always vocalizing with his little "Uh!" His voice is so distinctive that many people have asked us if we happened to be somewhere where they heard those sounds that are so specific to our little boy.
Mixed in with all those sounds River has some consistent word approximations. He usually uses his words with Mommy and Daddy, and always in context. He is not a show monkey. If I ask him to say a word (out of context), he'll usually respond with "Uh!"
River's Words:
Dada (whispered)
Mama (used for lovey or blanket as well)
I (hi)
eh oh (hello)
Haa (hot)
Hah (hat)
I-eeee (sissy and Nicki)
nana (banana)
Duh (All done)
River
Ank ooo (thank you)
On
Up
Moo (moon)
River's Sounds:
Moo
Woof
Growl
Vrmmm
Tweet
Baa
River's Signs:
Milk
Stop
More
All done
Dog
Eat
Drink
Bird
Car
Hat
I know I'm missing a few, but this mostly covers it.
My monitoring of River's development in no way compares to Maggie's. I literally did formal assessment of Maggie's development until she was at least 2 1/2 years old. There tends to be a bit of child-development-enthusiast-freak in me, if anyone was wondering...
No comments:
Post a Comment