Sweet boy, you are almost 6 months old! While I patiently anticipated your arrival over six months ago, I pondered, and pondered who you would be...boy, girl? Easy going or feisty? Would you look like Mommy, Daddy, Sissy? Secretly, I was really hoping for an easy-going boy, that looked just like Daddy did as a baby. At that time though I did think that you would be a feisty little girl...it's all I knew.
The day you were born was one of the most beautiful, and perfect days of my life! Bringing you into this world was such a joy...really, it was! And you...you were our little boy! Our secret wish come true! Right away you were just the sweetest. That first night with you, I insisted Daddy go home to be with your sister who was adjusting to life with, well, you! I got an entire night with you all to myself. I held you right against me, and never put you down. I could have slept, you did, but I just kept watching you.
These last six months have gone so fast. I struggle with the wish that you stay a baby forever, but I also love watching as you grow and learn, becoming the little person you are meant to be.
Since 5 weeks old you have shared your big, beautiful smile with us. I don't know what life would be like without your smile. Even when I'm in the worst mood, your smile can brighten my day.
You, little boy, are busy! You are usually always moving. You've got this move you do with your right arm, you bang it over and over again when you get excited. We call it "the beater arm." You grab our faces with such a passion! A passion that can be quite painful, especially if your little nails aren't trimmed! You are rolling every which way, you are belly crawling short distances to something you want, and you are rocking away on hands and knees. You are very vocal, with lots of squeals and grunts. The other day you responded to something I said with a little, "oh?" When you get extra sad, you have a little "maamaaa" in your cry---this works at getting me to you very quickly!
You are still sleeping with Mommy and Daddy, and although we question the challenge this will most likely be creating for us, I think we both love waking up to you each morning. You refuse bottles now, and will only take your milk from me. You've tried a few foods now, but overall, you are mostly content with your milk (soy/dairy free milk that is).
I could go on and on about these first 6 months with you, but that might be a very long first letter. So I'll just add that I love you so sweet boy.
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment