He got distracted during Sissy's performance and decided to concentrate on trying to crawl on hands and knees instead!
We finally got in for River's 6 month well-baby check. It never really worked out for us to get his 4 month well-baby check-up, so I haven't been sure about his weight for quite some time---he certainly looks like a growin' boy though!
Height: 27", 75%ile (Why this is, I have no idea!)
Weight: 16 lbs 2oz, 25%ile (This is so big! Boy growth charts must be very different than girl growth charts!)
Head: 17", 30%ile (Still small, but nothing to worry about)
We caught up on some immunizations and yesterday River developed a fever of 102 degrees. It only lasted for about half a day, so I'm assuming the cause was immunizations. It was the first time he's actually been sick though, which is completely AMAZING after raising another baby that was sick CONSTANTLY!
River was still smiling through the fever, just a little mommy clingy, and more sleepy. I figure if a fever of 102 didn't really bother him, I must have another child that will run high fevers as the norm (Maggie's fevers usually run 103-104 degrees).
He imitated waving "hi" today when we were reading his books before Sissy woke up. He is still rockin' away on those hands and knees, but has kind of backed off on belly crawling(I think he's just concentrating on getting to 4pt crawling---it will be easier with hardwood floors and carpet).
I was surprised when the pediatrician we saw told me NOT to reintroduce soy or dairy until 9-12 months! She said realistically he won't outgrow the intolerance until he's between 2-3 years, and there is no reason to mess with his digestive system now when we are introducing new solids. Of course this makes sense, but I was really, really hoping for some soy laden food! Just a little sushi maybe...
I will keep dieting away though...my motivation as a mother is a powerful thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment