This post will be a bit disjointed, my apologies...it's been a disjointed couple of weeks!
I've felt extremely lucky that River has not been as sick in infancy as his sister was...this makes parenting much, much easier, trust me.
On the few occasions River has gotten ill, he's been a champ. Just before we left for our camp trip last weekend River came down with a cold. I debated about going, and after a rough night fighting congestion (lots of screaming and failed attempts to breastfeed) in Sandpoint I even considered staying at Sara and Brad's while the rest of the family headed out to camp. After some convincing from Sara and Zac I decided that we'd go ahead and tough it out. And of course, River did great all day, with yet another sleepless night of tossing and turning, fussing and bad congestion.
Later that week he came down with a fever. Thinking this was kind of odd, Zac and I took him into the doctor just to make sure that he didn't have an ear infection (he's never had one yet!). He didn't.
I had noticed that his eating habits had changed over the last month or so. He had always been a fairly consistent eater, but now he was completely refusing some meals all together. He appeared to hit a "food jag" where even favored food items weren't going to cut it.
I noticed his clothes started to look a bit loose, and mentioned this to Zac. He reminded me that River is practically running everywhere and climbing everything.
So at our doctors appointment I wasn't too surprised when we realized he's lost about a pound.
Of course Dr. Gordon went through the spiel...more fat, continue to offer a milk substitute (almond or coconut), regular weight checks, and so on.
Well, I'm trying not to worry...too much. When I hurried to call Sara with the update she simply responded, "Do you even know how many times Sage has lost weight???"
So, if that wasn't enough for this little post...just yesterday River broke out with blister like sores on his hands and feet. His throat is red, but the tiny glimpses Zac and I get into this mouth don't seem to reveal any obvious mouth sores.
My guess...might be hand, foot and mouth. A mild case.
But still, with all that. I've still got one (mostly) happy, sweet little boy...
who loves painting just as much as Sissy.
And who seems pretty fond of popsicles...and insists on eating them all on his own!
No comments:
Post a Comment