Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheese!

This is the "say cheese" smile....
And wait....what's that in his little hand?
It's CHEESE!

*reintroduction-in-progress*


Reintroducing fills me with complete dread. The thought of it makes my face look a bit like River's "cheese" face pictured above.
Doctors don't understand this.Those people that ask "oh can't they just have a little????...." they don't get it either. The reality is, you are giving your child something that might make them bleed internally, and, scream in pain for literally hours sometimes.
I was never able to do Maggie's reintroductions. Chris, Zac and I's partner in raising Maggie, did it for us. She knew how much it worried us, and she offered to do it. I love that woman!

Thanks to cousin Sagey, and her need to share all her food with River, a slow series of reintroductions were sort of forced upon us.

1.) A nice sip of Sage's yogurt smoothie. 
I'm sure you all can picture it...Sage: "Here you go Riber..." Little arm outstretched, placing a straw in her cousin's mouth, him dutifully drinking away! Mommies gasping!

No symptoms.

2.) Mommy eats some dairy. Generally I'd share what I ate...it usually feels momentous when it happens. This time, it felt a little more like falling of the wagon. I'll just share that it was greasy and definitely had some cheese in it.

No symptoms.

3. See above.


Give us two days, and we might have a little boy that has outgrown an intolerance!

While we wait, he's keeping us very busy by doing things like this

He's also climbing into his crib, attempting down hill on his bike, and climbing up slides!

BUT with all that, he did gain 10 ounces this month, woot, woot!
No weight checks needed until his 18 month well-baby!

Keep checking back. Updates should be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment