River has started childcare two mornings a week at Miss Nicole's house. Nicole graduated from U of I with a degree in child development and family relations and taught at the U of I ECC right after me---she actually took my position when we moved. Nicole has been providing childcare in her home ever since her daughter (who Maggie had preschool with last year) was born. River seems to be doing quite well at Nicole's house...very eager to play, although good-byes still require tears, he recovers quick and is thoroughly exhausted and happy when I pick him up.
I believe I have done pretty well with the separation too, mostly due to Nicole's extreme patience with my constant "text check-ins."
Here's a quick picture Nicole e-mailed me of River and his pal Griffin (who Nicole also conveniently cares for) going on a wagon ride, pulled by Nicole's daughter (the big sissy fill-in).
Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment